Related Posts with Thumbnails

Thursday, October 16, 2008

Thankful Thursday: Joy




Before I went to bed last night, I read Denise's Thankful Thursday. If you have read it, " I have Joy Down in my Heart" is probably playing in your head. It is going to be a joyful day, because I can't get that tune out of my head.

I was in the classroom preparing for schoolwork, when I heard The Inquisitor and Minnie carrying on a conversation in the living room. I was waiting for a "Stop it !" or "It's my turn to watch a show", etc. However, they continued to talk to each other, as if they were talking to a friend. What a joyful sound to my ears .

My heart was filled with joy when Minnie stood up for her big brother. Because of The Inquisitor's schoolwork load, he doesn't have time to socialize with a close friend. His friend was offended and hurt by it. The friend has a sister, who is Minnie's best friend. The family and Minnie were on their way home, when she overheard the brother said that he thinks The Inquisitor is depressed. Minnie later informed the friend that her brother is not depressed, and Mom expects him and her to stay on schedule with the schoolwork.

I have a spiritual joy knowing that it is in God's time, not my time, when my "lost" loved ones will bow their knees to Him.

My daily joy is knowing that my husband, my best friend, loves me unconditionally.

7 Comments:

  1. Denise said...
    Hello my sweet friend, glad you have joy in your heart today. It is so nice that your children stand up for each other. Take care, love you bunches.
    Alicia The Snowflake said...
    Oh wow! It sounds like your children have a great relationship! That is joy! Have a great day!
    Laurie Ann said...
    Your children sound precious! So thankful for joy, too - I've been humming the song ever since I stopped by Denise's, LOL!
    Debbie Petras said...
    How fun to read your post and about your children's interaction. And yes, I understand about "lost" loved ones and God's timing. Be patient and walk your talk... and trust His perfect timing.
    bp said...
    I liked that song posting on Denise's post as well!

    Your children are a blessing!
    Marsha said...
    Yes, our dear Denise was even the inspiration for my children's song today. After humming hers for hours I started thinking of others that carried the same theme.

    What a joy it is when siblings get along so well! Good training at home, Mom and Dad!

    Have a blessed weekend.
    Anonymous said...
    Thanks for sharing your "joy"ful heart today.

    ~Mrs.Cuddles

Post a Comment



Template by:
Free Blog Templates