Friday, October 17, 2008
Click on clipart to see Weekly Homeschool Report
Grandma left on Tuesday evening. We had some schooling for the rest of the week, but we did not accomplish much. We were recooperating from the fun time we had since last Thursday.
The Inquisitor did attend his speech, debate, computer and biology (classes that did not require me teaching). He is also taking daily practice PSAT exam. The real test will be on Saturday. Minnie worked on language arts.
My goal is to return to normal next week. That means waking up at 7:00 AM and starting school at 8:00 . I've been blogging way too much. Therefore, I need to cut back and concentrate my time in other areas, like planning my weekly meals and the kids' weekly assignment.
Labels: Homeschooling
6 Comments:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






I'm wondering if Abeka Math grade 5 and up, if you can write in the student's book?
With R&S you are really suppose to copy the problems onto notebook paper but I let my ds write in the book. THe problem with this is there is not enough room to write out the problem, thus the reason to switch.
I am hoping Abeka allows the student to write in the book.
Thanks!
Linda<><
Our son just took the PSAT
at a local high school. He said he felt himself shaking at first from being there. He walked in and there were a lot of students eating breakfast. I had forgotten about school breakfast as we didn't have that when I went to public school.
He said the library was packed with PSAT takers and an adult said something about them practicing for it. I had our son doing the daily SAT question but wanted to wait to buy the 3 month on-line program until after we move and get settled as we will loose days doing all of that.
I explained all of that to him. He had to use the bathroom when he got there but due to all the students didn't find it. So that was a bit of a hassle as well.
I had our son do algebra 1 and then 11 but knew that the tests include geometry and now he's just started into that. So he said he did see it on the math but he will know how to do those soon enough. He got everything done in the time allowed. Time will tell how he did. I told him he could call this one practice.
Enjoy your weekend.
In Him,
Marie
Have a fantastic weekend!
~Mrs.Cuddles
I'm barely getting up at 7:30. 7:15 is my goal. I do some morning things, we have Breakfast at 8 or 8:30, then start school when we're done with that. Ki (12) plays all day. He often only has about 2 hours of work he does on his own and it often takes him to 2PM. I got tired of waiting on him to finish to do his Science and Social studies with him, So I have set times I do that now and he can work around it