Related Posts with Thumbnails

Friday, October 24, 2008

Homeschool Weekly Report #11

I can't believe that We've been in school for 11 weeks. The kids and I are ready for a break. We have four more weeks before taking off a week for Thanksgiving. It has been a light week. Speech and debate classes were cancelled on Thursday. It was nice just to stay at home and didn't feel rushed to finish the assignment before 11:00.

It is such a relief to know that the PSAT Exam is done. We will know the result in mid December. In the meantime, The Inquisitor will return to his regular school work. On November 6, we will check out Southeast High School, and will find out what we need to do to enroll him for 2009-2010 school year. Dad still has some concerns about the location of the school , but he admits that the IB program is going to be good for The Inquisitor.

I am still recouperating from grandma's visit. I have allowed Minnie to work independently; however, I have learned that I need to work more one-on-one with her. She is excited about The Inquistor going to a public school next year, because she will have my undivided attention. On the other hand, she is not happy that I will be expecting more from her.

Minnie is busy preparing for the Christmas musical Aunt Hattie's Attic. The musical was going to be at a local church. However, The Singing Christmas Tree committee has asked her class to perform at the annual lighting of the Christmas tree. For the next 2 months, the kids will be practicing 1.5 hours each week. They must know their lines, so the class can go through the play each week without stopping.


For more Homeschool Weekly, click on the Weekly Homeschool Report from the Couch clipart above or visit Cuddles on the Couch.

4 Comments:

  1. Anonymous said...
    That's neat about the musical. It's been a couple of years since my kids have been in any.
    Anonymous said...
    Yay for the test being done! I understand the need for a break and this year I finally tried to schedule them more often :)

    Thanks for sharing,
    ~Mrs.Cuddles
    Denise said...
    Thanks for sharing sweetie.
    Speaking from the Heart said...
    This comment has been removed by the author.

Post a Comment



Template by:
Free Blog Templates