Related Posts with Thumbnails

Monday, October 13, 2008


For more Mondays on Mothering, click on the clipart.


Have you read Pam's Mondays on Mothering? There is no doubt that her daughter looks like her. For my first M.O.M., I am going to follow her lead and show you pictures of me and Mom (top left picture); Minnie and me (top right picture). What do you think? Do we look alike?

The bottom left picture is Mom and Minnie, and the the bottom right is a picture of my grandma and me. Do you see the similiarities?


Grandma Ly and Mom, were a young brides to foreigners. After marriage, They migrated to their spouses' countries. They vowed to return to their native countries to visit their mothers. Due to finacial circumstances, Grandmother Ly never returned to China. Mom returned to Vietnam twenty years later, but Grandmother Ly had already passed away.

Grandmother Ly and Mom's were brave women. I wouldn't have been brave to leave my native country nor Mom behind. .I can't imagine not having Mom around to share the planning of my wedding or the births of The Inquisistor and Minnie. I regret not knowing Grandmother Ly. However, I am glad the kids have the opportunity to create memoriable memories with Mom.

Thank you, Lord for Mom's presence in my life. I am grateful that I get to see her at least twice a year. With a phone call, she is never far away.

4 Comments:

  1. Denise said...
    Thanks for sharing such precious pictures. There is no doubt that you are all from the same beautiful family.
    Denise said...
    Come by my blog, I have an award for you, love you.
    Anonymous said...
    Beautiful photos and what precious memories!
    I think you and Minnie look alike. She is adorable!
    Pam
    Anonymous said...
    I think you are beautiful! Wow it is amazing the similarities. Thank you for joining us this week! It has been a lot of fun to read the posts. Celebrate the Joy!

    Amy B

Post a Comment



Template by:
Free Blog Templates