Related Posts with Thumbnails

Thursday, October 23, 2008

What would I do without friends? I am thankful for the friends in my life, and for my blogging buddies, Denise, Debra, Trina, Pam, Kysha, Marsha, Jenn, and many others who come and bless me regularly.

I am so thankful that speech and debate classes were cancelled. This means I have two days of being at home. I am going to enjoy every minute of it. I have already planned a dinner menu for the next three days and have no intentions of leaving the house until Sunday morning.

I am thankful for my Prince. Because the kids and I leave home around 10:00 in the morning, and we don't return home until after 8:30 on Wednesdays, my Prince either cooks for himself or eats whatever is leftover in the fridge.

I am thankful for unanswered prayers.




My Prince is the result of one particular unanswered prayer. When I was a sophomore in college, I had my first serious courtship with a guy from Lebanon, who is/was a Shiite Muslim. Deep inside, I knew our differences in our beliefs were going to be the conflict of our relationship. My best friend tried to advice me on the matter, but I didn't want to listen to her. I liked the warm feelings that my heart was radiating . The guy and I dated for a month. I was heartbroken when we departed. By the way I was acting, you would have thought we dated for a long time. For the first few months, I prayed for the reconcilation. Thank God that He didn't answer my prayers. If He did, the story "Not Without my Daughter", starring Sally Fields would have been my story (LOL), and I would have not met my prince charming, my best friend.

Not letting my dear friend move away is another unanswered prayer that I am thankful for . Don't get me wrong. I would have loved her to stay and I didn't take it too well when she left. The move has been good for both of us. It has helped both of us to grow and spread our wings. Although she is not in the same town, she is a phone call away.

For more Thankful Thursday, visit Grace Alone .

6 Comments:

  1. Denise said...
    I am truly blessed by you sweetie, love you.
    Debra Kaye said...
    Jean,

    I'm so glad I found you! What a precious thankful heart you have! You bless me continually.

    Happy Thursday! Blessings to you!
    Denise said...
    Please come by my blog, I have some awards for you dear.
    Alicia The Snowflake said...
    Two days at home are definitely something to be thankful about. I pray you enjoy them immensely! I am glad for unanswered prayer, too. Otherwise, we might not know you! Enjoy your day home tomorrow!
    Anonymous said...
    i had a somewhat similar experience to yours. i prayed so hard to bring my then boyfriend back who's a hindu. But God said NO. thank God He said NO. i'd probably have more problems and i wouldn't have met my husband. if i had my way. even if hubby and i have some minor setbacks right now, i know God is at work.

    be blessed! ♥
    Anonymous said...
    Enjoy your time at home! So glad I dropped by for your sweet heart of thanks today.

Post a Comment



Template by:
Free Blog Templates