Related Posts with Thumbnails

Monday, October 6, 2008

Marriage Monday: Finances

1st Monday Every Month at Chrysalis


With the price of gas , less overtime, saving for 2 sets of braces, etc., we're stretching the family budget by:


  • Cut back on eating outPhotobucket


  • Double my recipe, especially if I need to use the oven Photobucket. In the end, I'll have two meals. One for now, and one for next week.


  • Turn my A/C thermostadt to 79 degrees or higher.


  • Plan outings accordingly: doctor's appointment, grocery shopping, kids' activities


  • Take advantage of Mom's unlimited cellular phone calling plan. Mom usually calls me. If I need to talk to her, I would call her, let it ring 3 times and hang up. This is her cue to return my call.


  • Don't be too proud to ask for scholarships. Minnie wanted to take an acting class, but I couldn't afford the payment. The teacher and I made a deal where I do her paperwork, while Minnie takes her acting class.


  • Compare prices at the Grocery store Photobucket . While Minnie and DH were shopping for cool whip at a local store, they realized that it was cheaper to purchase 2 small containers of coolwhip, rather than purchasing a large container


  • Buy snacks when it is "buy onePhotobucket get one Photobucket

  • free"

  • Since we have to cut back on our spending, my husband and I thought it was important to also decrease the kids' Photobucket Photobucketallowances


  • I try to stay home more. Since we have to be out of the house on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays, and Sundays, I don't leave the house on Mondays, Fridays, and Saturdays (unless its an emerency).



6 Comments:

  1. Debra Kaye said...
    Jean,

    What a great steward you are striving to be!! Blessings to you today, sweet sister.
    Denise said...
    Such great tips sweetie.
    Anonymous said...
    We are trying to cut back on our fiances too. We have had lots of unexpected bills lately, so things are very tight.
    Those are great tips! I have been trying to shop at double coupon stores for the loss leaders also. It really saves money. : )
    Thanks for explaining how to fix the cbox. I am going to do that as soon as I have a spare minute!
    Pam
    Anonymous said...
    What a great list of frugal tips! I especially loved your creativity on this one: Don't be too proud to ask for scholarships. Minnie wanted to take an acting class, but I couldn't afford the payment. The teacher and I made a deal where I do her paperwork, while Minnie takes her acting class.

    You're awesome for working it out that way!!!

    Thanks for joining us for Marriage Monday today, Jean.

    Blessings,
    e-Mom @ Chrysalis
    Miriam Pauline said...
    Great list! Thanks for sharing.
    Natalie said...
    Not an alumni but use to live there. Will forever be in my blood! :) Love the flag. Where did you get that? I know someone who would LOVE to have that!

Post a Comment



Template by:
Free Blog Templates