Related Posts with Thumbnails

Thursday, October 9, 2008

Homeschool Weekly #9


Click on clipart to see Weekly Homeschool Report


Warning: My whining might hurt your eyes.


Because The Inquisitor will be taking PSAT in a couple of weeks, he has set aside grammar and Spanish , and will be studying for the exam. If he could, I would have also allowed him take a break from biology, speech, and debate .

Grandma is coming to town on Thursday and will be here until Tuesday. That means no school and lots of shopping. I am so proud that The Inquisitor took it upon himself to finish his biology assignment before Thursday. He spent 10 hours on Monday thoroughly studying for Module 3 test. By Tuesday, he was burned out from studying that it effected his algebra test result. Instead of being sympathetic and realizing that he needed a break, I expected him to perform his best.

This is the time that I wish was I just a mom, not a teacher and a mom. If I were just a mom, I don't have to constantly worrying about the kids' schoolwork. I don't have to be the mean teacher who makes them redo their work, because it is unsatisfactory. I wish I was just a mom for a day, so I can empathize with them. I wish I was just a mom for a day so I don't continuously asking myself if I am doing my best as a teacher.

Minnie is so happy that she is finished with her math curriculum. Without math, she breezes through her other subjects. We all are looking forward to this short break. We've been in school since August 4th.

5 Comments:

  1. Mrs. Darling said...
    I know what you mean about being mom and teacher. Its a fine balance.

    Have fun with grandma and all the shopping. Im so jealous.
    Debra Kaye said...
    My sweet sister,

    I pray you have a blessed time with grandma. This is a precious time with your children. You are doing a great job! Blessings to you!
    Tonya said...
    Hey there! I just wanted to drop by and say, "THANKS!" for visiting my blog. It's always neat to meet another home-schooling family. =-)

    You guys have fun with Grandma and have a WONDERFUL weekend! :-)
    Anonymous said...
    (((Hugs))) It's so hard to play both parts. A friend shared with me to always play the part of "mom" and I felt such a burden lifted on the expectations of my teachings and our homeschool learning.

    Enjoy your shopping and I will be praying that you find the balance that feels good between mom/teacher.

    ...and yes, feel free to use the recipes. I received them in an email myself and wanted to have a quick reference for myself.

    ~Mrs.Cuddles
    Unknown said...
    Enjoy the break with Grandma there!
    Good Luck finding a balance that works well for your family. Sounds like you are doing a great job (sometiimes the mom part also wants perfection from the kids, LOL)

    This is my first Cuddles Couch WSeek Review. It's nice to read how other's weeks are going

Post a Comment



Template by:
Free Blog Templates