Friday, October 3, 2008
Click on clipart to see Weekly Homeschool Report
As I observed The Inquisitor’s biology co-op class, I noticed the environment in the classroom is no different than the environment in a public schoolroom. There are two types of students in the class, those who are there to learn and those who are there to occupy the empty chairs. I am so thankful that The Inquisitor is not easily persuaded by the non-serious students.
The Inquisitor
enjoys the Video Game Animation Computer Class. He is in the middle of creating a cat's maze. The player has to use the arrow keys to mobilize the cat through the maze. I wish I was taking the class along with The Inquisitor. It is up my alley. Maybe this summer, I will have time to learn it and start designing animated clipart for my blog.
My husband and I pretty much have decided to enroll Mark in an IB program next fall. Because the IB program will require The Inquisitor to be disciplined in his study and to manage his time wisely, I purposely assign him extra schoolwork, as well as extra curriculum. I want him to be responsible for his schoolwork, and to face the consequences for incomplete work. He has done an excellent job in keeping up with his assignment. He took it upon himself to turn down a couple of Wednesday play dates, so he can complete his assignment . My little boy is becoming a young responsible man.
Not am I blessed to have one independent student, I have two. Like her brother, Minnie
wants to do her assignment on her own. She is about to finish Abeka 4th grade math. We’ll take a break while grandma is here for Minnie’s 11th birthday. Then, we’ll dive into 5th grade math. I am glad that we didn’t start 5th grade at the beginning of the school year. Minnie would have missed lessons on areas and perimeters. Since areas and perimeters are the last 20 lessons of the textbook, She would have likely missed it again in Spring 2009. Minnie also has about 20 more lessons in Daily Grams. Afterwards, we’ll pick up Shurley Grammar and finish Pudewa’s Instensive Writing. Now that Rosie audition is over, Minnie is focusing on Aunt Hattie’s Attic Musical Production for December. She truly loves acting. She can learn her lines in a heartbeat.
Our week has been productive. We’re trying to get everything done, before Grandam’s visit.
Labels: Homeschooling, IB





