Thursday, November 13, 2008

I can’t complaint much about the last 44 years of my life. GOD has been good to me. In my life’s blueprints, HE rescued me from the fall of Vietnam; HE provided me with a wonderful husband and two healthy children;
HE rescued me from 2 near-death experiences. I could have easily been involved in a fatal head-on collision on a 2- lane highway. It would have been my fault, because I was the one who was passing the other car. My children and I could have died from the collision. However, it wasn’t in HIS plans. With HIS firm hands, HE gently maneuvered my car to the side of the road. I said “gently”, because the car could have easily flipped over several times. Instead, it was tilted on its side for more than half an hour.
My second near-death experience came when I prolonged an emergency room visit for stomach pains. After more than twenty-four hours in bed with pain, Prince Charming admitted me to the hospital. It’s a good thing, because the doctor said if I had waited for another day, my corrupted gall bladder would have effected my other internal organs and I would not be here today.
When I am running around feeling as if I'm behind schedule, I pause and thank the LORD for my ability to mobilize.
When Prince Charming works long hours for many days, and I feel that I am a single parent, I thank the LORD for Prince Charming’s job.
When I feel unloved and neglected, I thank the LORD for Prince Charming wanting to come home to me every night.
When my desires for the latest electronic toys overcome my desires to buy weekly grocery, I thank the LORD for my daily bread.
When teaching the kids are not going as well as I desire, and I want to register them in a public school, I thank the LORD for loaning me two of HIS precious children.
When close friends move away, I thank the LORD for the seasons of friendship.
When I sin, I thank the LORD for HIS Son.
HE rescued me from 2 near-death experiences. I could have easily been involved in a fatal head-on collision on a 2- lane highway. It would have been my fault, because I was the one who was passing the other car. My children and I could have died from the collision. However, it wasn’t in HIS plans. With HIS firm hands, HE gently maneuvered my car to the side of the road. I said “gently”, because the car could have easily flipped over several times. Instead, it was tilted on its side for more than half an hour.
My second near-death experience came when I prolonged an emergency room visit for stomach pains. After more than twenty-four hours in bed with pain, Prince Charming admitted me to the hospital. It’s a good thing, because the doctor said if I had waited for another day, my corrupted gall bladder would have effected my other internal organs and I would not be here today.
When I am running around feeling as if I'm behind schedule, I pause and thank the LORD for my ability to mobilize.
When Prince Charming works long hours for many days, and I feel that I am a single parent, I thank the LORD for Prince Charming’s job.
When I feel unloved and neglected, I thank the LORD for Prince Charming wanting to come home to me every night.
When my desires for the latest electronic toys overcome my desires to buy weekly grocery, I thank the LORD for my daily bread.
When teaching the kids are not going as well as I desire, and I want to register them in a public school, I thank the LORD for loaning me two of HIS precious children.
When close friends move away, I thank the LORD for the seasons of friendship.
When I sin, I thank the LORD for HIS Son.
“For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. ” ~ John 3:16
For more of Iris' Thankful Thursday, click on the clip art.
Labels: Thanksgiving
4 Comments:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





Take care, my friend!
Whew! Now I am caught up with you! I feel much better!