Related Posts with Thumbnails

Monday, November 10, 2008


A child who is lagging in school wishes he was as smart as other kids. At the other end of the spectrum, an above average child wishes he is understood more by his peers. The Inquisitor is the latter child. His hobby is reading. Taking away his reading privileges rates higher than grounding. His constant desires to learn have resulted in an increase of his vocabulary words, and his knowledge in finances, science, history, sports, games, etc. Sometimes it is hard for him to communicate with his friends, because they are clueless . He tries not to let it bother him when his friends look at him as if he is was a geek.

I didn't realize he feels this way. As we were returning home from the IB orientation, he told me that he finally felt a sense of belonging. It will be good for him to attend the IB program for his high school years. He will be surrounded by peers, who are just like him. Some of his future classmates have strengths in history and English, while others like him have strengths in math and science. By the time they graduate, their areas of weaknesses will be in equilibrium with their areas of strength.

As a homeschool parent, I am so glad that I was able to minimize the feeling of being left out for a short while. Now it is time for me to let go of the string, and allow someone to prepare him for his college years. In so many words, The Inquisitor said it is best that his dad and I are around to give him support now, as opposed to four years from now, when he is away for college. What an awesome thought from a 13 year-old.

For more M.O.M., click on the clipart.

6 Comments:

  1. Alicia The Snowflake said...
    I am so glad you guys have this opportunity. I will be praying that he gets accepted. Take care, my friend!
    Denise said...
    I am praying for him to get accepted sweetie.
    Debra Kaye said...
    Jean,

    I love that he recognizes that you and his father give him unconditional love, and the importance of that!

    He will find his way ~ for he was fearfully and wonderfully made!

    Blessings to you, sweet sis!
    Linda said...
    This post makes me want to peer more closely at the heart of my own children. I hope that I can guide them with the same wisdom that you have for your son now.
    Anonymous said...
    I am praying that he will be accepted too.
    I can really relate to your post because this is some of the same feelings that my daughter has.
    It's so great that he knows you love him unconditionally though.
    So many kids struggle with this.
    What a great job you are doing with your kids!
    Anonymous said...
    Thanks for sharing! What an amazing chance he had; not being "out there" during his formative years! Let us know what happens...

    Thanks for sharing last week. Sorry I am just now stopping by.

    Amy B
    http://bowofbronze.com/blogs

Post a Comment



Template by:
Free Blog Templates