Friday, November 7, 2008
It has been four weeks, since I created a weekly syllabus for each child. I am so burned out from teaching and driving around that my desire to teach is not present. The kids are pretty much on their own. I do go over their schoolwork. However, the quality of my teaching can be greatly improved. I need to get out of this mood.
After attending the informational meeting about the International Baccalaureate (IB) program, The Inquisitor is 100% sure that he wants to attend Southeast High School. Having an average of 2 hours of homework per night, and that the academic curriculum is rigorous did not deter The Inquisitor. He likes the fact that he will be earning up to 30 college credit hours, while he is in high school. This means that he will start his first college year as a sophomore.
Before he takes his first steps into Southeast High School, he must apply to the program. This means he has to submit a 200-250 word essay on one of the following topics: (1)Are professional athletes paid too much? or (2)Explain how televison has had a negative effect over the past few years. He also has to have two letters of teacher recommendations.
Labels: Homeschooling, IB
2 Comments:
-
- Denise said...
November 8, 2008 at 12:04 AMPraying for you, and your family sweetie. I love you.- Alicia The Snowflake said...
November 9, 2008 at 5:49 PMTwo hrs of homework every night and he is not deterred. Sounds like a great kid, mama! I hope he gets into the school. Sounds like it would be a good thing for him. Blessings to you my friend. I hope you find your desire for teaching again. May the Lord restore your soul and give you new vision. I hope this week is a better week. Take care, my friend!





