Saturday, November 29, 2008
Weekly Homeschool Report #16: Winter Break
Posted by Speaking from the Heart at Saturday, November 29, 2008I had planned for the kids to have school on Monday and Tuesday, but Prince Charming took the week off and decided to go to Alabama 2 days early. We packed and loaded the truck on Monday. Prince Charming went to bed early. I followed him a few hours later. Prince Charming and I allowed the kids to stay up all night watching TV, playing video games, or reading. By the time they got in the car, around 5:00 AM, they were ready for bed. This made their journey a little shorter. The drive was long, but I enjoyed the togetherness, something we don't do much at home. The kids enjoyed asking us about our childhood, as well as about theirs. When we were too tired to chat, we listened to Christmas music.
More than 12 hours later, we reached grandma's (my mom) house. She greeted grand kids with gifts, Prince Charming with a homemade Cheesecake, and me with my favorite Vietnamese food. We were spoiled by her hospitality.
After visiting grandma, we went to our next destination, Thanksgiving family reunion in the mountains with Prince Charmings' aunts, uncles, cousins, parents,etc. Afterwards, we returned home with my in-law. While the rest of the family will be watching Alabama vs. Auburn, Minnie and I will be shopping with Mom on Saturday. When Sunday comes around, we will be back on the road heading South to Florida.
I miss you all. I'll visit you next week.
Jean
Labels: Homeschooling






I hope you enjoyed your shopping today!