Related Posts with Thumbnails

Monday, November 3, 2008

Mondays on Mothering: Forever Young


One advantage of homeschooling is I can prolong Minnie's childhood. If my fifth grader was in a public school, her days playing with Webkinz, dolls, dressing up, etc. would probably be over. She probably would be interested in boys, and would know more about the world, than I care for her to. Thank you Lord, for allowing my daughter to enjoy her childhood for another day.


Agent Minnie waiting for a report from Nancy Drew
Nancy Drew gives a full detail to Agent Minnie, as she observes the family from afar.

It is such a joy to see the girls using their imaginations.

For more Mondays on Mothering, visit Bow of Bronze

5 Comments:

  1. Denise said...
    God bless their precious imaginations.
    Trina said...
    I am right there with you, let them stay little as long as they want to . . . my girls love spy things & nancey too.
    Anonymous said...
    I agree-it is so much easier for kids to have a childhood when they are homeschooled and not pushed to grow up to fast. : )
    Minnie looks very stylish as Nancy Drew.
    Alicia The Snowflake said...
    I completely agree! My son would be considered behind by the world's standards! What is wrong with a child maturing at his or her own rate? They lose their innocence fast enough!
    Anonymous said...
    What a fun game. My husband is always asking me if it is "normal" for kids to act out the books they read when they play legos, dolls, dress-up, and trains. I always say -- only among homeschoolers :).

    Thanks for joining us this week.

    Amy B

Post a Comment



Template by:
Free Blog Templates