Related Posts with Thumbnails

Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Friday Funnies: Homade Gravy

Since many of us are making gravy for our Thanksgiving dinners, I couldn't resist reposting my homemade gravy blooper.

I've been reading several Friday Funnies, and thought I would join in this week. For more Friday Funnies, click on the clipart.



Whenever we have a Thanksgiving dinner with friends and family, Prince Charming is very thankful that I don't volunteer to make gravy.


We had been married for a couple of weeks. I thought I would surprise Prince Charming with a homemade breakfast. Making the biscuits were easy. All I had to do was to open a can of Grande biscuits and stuck them in the oven.

The gravy was another story. Seeing Mom making Dad's favorite dish (biscuits drizzled with cream of mushroom soup), I decided to try her recipe. After pouring a small amount of soup over a biscuit, I gave Prince Charming his weekend breakfast. He was in for a big surprise when he realized that the gravy did not taste anything like his grandmother's. After a shock and a good laugh, he lovingly explained to me that homemade gravy and cream of mushroom soup are not the same thing.

9 Comments:

  1. Kim @ Homesteader's Heart said...
    LOL! Oh too funny. An honest mistake I'm thinking lol. Thanks for linking up and spreading some fun today.
    Blessings,
    Kim
    LauraLee Shaw said...
    LOLOLOLOL. I'm laughing, because this is something I would do!
    Debra Kaye said...
    Jean,

    Very funny....and definitely something I would do too!

    Happy Friday, my sweet friend!
    He & Me + 3 said...
    Totally a me thing. I am so bad in the kitchen. That is too funny.
    Michele Williams said...
    Funny! I didn't know how to make gravy for a long time too.
    Laurie Ann said...
    I loved your funny - gravy baffles me. I cannot do it like Steve's momma and my momma's is way to greasy to attempt, LOL. I either scald it or water it down too much every time.
    Denise said...
    This really made me laugh, thank you.
    Hopie said...
    Hey!!! What's wrong with Cream of Mushroom soup??? LOL
    Alexis said...
    Hahaha!! TOOO FUNNY! I'm glad you shared this with me. My husband made biscuits and gravy this morning for breakfast! He bought a huge can of gravy from Costco! And it was fabulous!!! I give up on gravy. (And the exclamation points too)

Post a Comment



Template by:
Free Blog Templates