Friday, November 20, 2009
30 Days of Thanksgivng: Day 20... Financial Stabiltiy
Posted by Speaking from the Heart at Friday, November 20, 2009While most wives might get upset, because their husbands' overtime (O.T.) is reduced. Not me, I am thankful for the mandatory reduction. We will have more family time; furthermore, Dad will get some rest and recreation.
I am thankful that we have enough money in our savings to cover the property tax. When we refinanced our home, we opted not to add an escrow account to our mortgage. We pay it in a lump sum in December. Having to put money aside each month has disciplined us to be conscientious of our spending habits.
I am thankful for the visa debit card. Since the money is instantly withdrawn after a transaction, I think twice before buying frivolous things. When I was using the visa credit card, I would tell myself that I will pay it next month. Before I knew it, I had already gone over my budget.
I am thankful for my dear husband who works hard to provide food, clothes, and shelter for his family.
Labels: Thanksgiving
2 Comments:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




One post of gratitude, everyday of November. Click on

Mama Bear