Sunday, November 15, 2009
30 Days of Thanksgiving: Day 15... Stability
Posted by Speaking from the Heart at Sunday, November 15, 2009Once a month, a couple of my divorced friends put their kids on the planes and send them to their dads. One set of kids head north and the other set head south. The kids who head south usually stay with their dad for a 3 day weekend. Meanwhile, the other set of kids, who homeschool, are able to stay with their dad longer. Because time is precious, I have no doubt that they have a great time with their dads. Once the visits come to an end, the kids return homes (reality) to their mothers. Moms and kids try to resume normal routines, until it is time to visit dads again.
I can't begin to imagine what it would be like to shuffle my kids to and fro, to coordinate holidays and vacations with my ex, or to find a job so my kids and I can have food on the table. I am so thankful my kids have a stable home.
2008 Day 15 Thankfulness
Labels: Thanksgiving
5 Comments:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




One post of gratitude, everyday of November. Click on

Thank you for your prayers. I feel the sam way about you, my dear sister in Christ and friend.
Mama Bear