Tuesday, November 17, 2009
30 Days of Thanksgiving: Day 17... Down to the Steel
Posted by Speaking from the Heart at Tuesday, November 17, 2009
One post of gratitude, everyday of November. Click on Karla for more details.
On this gorgeous Tueday afternoon, I am sitting at Goodyear getting my tires rotated. It is never that simple when I go to Goodyear. I guess that is why I delay the task as long as possible. Since there is a slow leak in my front left tire, and I skipped the 5000 mile mark, I figured it is time for a check and a rotation.
I am so thankful that I did. Two tires were down to the steel. I didn't want a repeated episode of spending part of our vacation at Tire Kingdom. Five years ago, a tire blew out on our way to Alabama. What was supposed to be a 12-hour trip turned out to be a 15-hour drive.
God speaks to me daily. It is up to me to either ignore it or take actions. I often let pride get in the way; I want to do my it my way and not His way. I am so glad that I listened to Him this time.
Labels: Thanksgiving
5 Comments:
-
- Amber said...
November 17, 2009 at 4:40 PMHope everything went well at Goodyear today!- He & Me + 3 said...
November 17, 2009 at 4:53 PMGlad you went too. That could have been dangerous.- Mrs. Darling said...
November 17, 2009 at 7:18 PMWell its definitly something to be thankful for. A flat tire is not nice!- Denise said...
November 17, 2009 at 8:18 PMPraise God for watching over you.- Hopie said...
November 18, 2009 at 6:19 AMOh I'm thankful that you were able to get it fixed before the winter came. I have a very slow leak in one of my tires also. I have been keeping an eye on it.




