Friday, November 6, 2009
30 days of Thanksgiving: Day 6... In Memory of Grandpa
Posted by Speaking from the Heart at Friday, November 06, 2009
One post of gratitude, everyday of November. Click on Karla for more details.I am thankful for the man whom I called "Dad" for 30 years.
The following excerpt was written by Katherine, in memory of her grandpa.
Today is very special, because it would have been Grandpa's 63rd birthday. I can't celebrate it because he passed on when I was three, but I can be thankful for him. If it weren't for him, I wouldn't be here right now. He was fighting in Vietnam where my Mom was born. My Grandma was working in an American Embassy, where Grandpa fell in love with her.

A while later, Grandma & Grandpa got married and left for America. My Mom and her sister were very lucky to be brought along to America, because most people who fought in the war would leave the kids and just take the wives. When Grandpa, Grandma, Aunt Ann & Mom finally reached America, they got a house and moved in. That's the end of our story folks.
The following excerpt was written by Katherine, in memory of her grandpa.
Today is very special, because it would have been Grandpa's 63rd birthday. I can't celebrate it because he passed on when I was three, but I can be thankful for him. If it weren't for him, I wouldn't be here right now. He was fighting in Vietnam where my Mom was born. My Grandma was working in an American Embassy, where Grandpa fell in love with her.

A while later, Grandma & Grandpa got married and left for America. My Mom and her sister were very lucky to be brought along to America, because most people who fought in the war would leave the kids and just take the wives. When Grandpa, Grandma, Aunt Ann & Mom finally reached America, they got a house and moved in. That's the end of our story folks.
In Loving Memory of my Grandpa,
Katherine
2008 Day 6 thankfulnessKatherine
Labels: Thanksgiving
3 Comments:
-
- Denise said...
November 6, 2009 at 4:27 AMVery precious.- He & Me + 3 said...
November 6, 2009 at 9:42 AMloved all the pictures and what a sweet story.- Pam said...
November 6, 2009 at 12:55 PMThat's such a sweet story. : )
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




