Related Posts with Thumbnails

Saturday, January 31, 2009

I Remember Our Honeymoon Cottage



July 1991

Our honeymoon cottage was our first home. We lived there for 11 years. In lieu of a honeymoon, we used the money as a down-payment on our first home. We found our first home two days after our wedding. We based the price of the house on one income. Three days into our search, we found an "as-is" house on five acres . When we walked inside, we noticed holes on the doors and walls, broken windows, and trash everywhere. Prince Charming fell in love with it instantly. I, on the other hand, was trying to find reasons why we shouldn't buy the house. Being close to his office, which is five miles down the road, was the only positive thing I could think of. Noticing the frown on my face, Prince Charming knew I wasn't happy. He finally convinced me that the house had "potential". We signed the contract on the house, and moved in November. Thru out the ten years we lived there, we were constantly renovating. As a matter of fact, the last base board was put in two days before we moved to Sarasota in October 2002.

Did you go on a honeymoon? Where? On the other hand, Are you like me, Mrs. Practical? Did you use your money for something else, besides a honeymoon? Do you own a home ? How did you find your first home? Are you still living in the same house? Tell us about it on your blog. Come back and link it to Mr. Linky.


3 Comments:

  1. Debra Kaye said...
    Jean,

    Jay and I married in Santa Barbara and never had a honeymoon. We keep thinking we will renew our vows and do something special when we hit our 25th anniversary.

    Your first honeymoon cottage was beautiful and I loved your story! Blessings to you today, my sister!
    Denise said...
    Thanks for sharing such a sweet memory.
    He & Me + 3 said...
    I loved that story. What a beautiful honeymoon house.
    Rick & I married and had a short honeymoon in Nags Head NC. Right on the beach. We owned our first home in 2001 & are still living in it. Ugh. We need to move.

Post a Comment



Template by:
Free Blog Templates