Friday, January 23, 2009
Another week flew by so quickly. We accomplished more this week than last week. The Inquisitor has 7 more modules in Apologia Biology. He finished module check up on Friday. He will be spending Saturday working on Module 9 Study Guide. Before his co-op class on Tuesday afternoon, he'll take the test. Although his teacher doesn't assign him module review nor the study guide, I am making him do it. I want to make sure he is grasping the information.
Algebra 2 is getting harder. He is working with quadratic equation, sine, cosine, tangent, and imaginary numbers. So far, I have been able to help him. It is a review of my college math courses. My goal is for him to finish with algebra 2, before starting high school in the fall. Most likely, we will still be doing algebra problems through out the summer.
The main goal for this week was getting Minnie caught up in her history. She had read the chapters, but was 3 tests behind. Looking over her tests, I realize that we need to work more with geography. She continues to do well in math. Right now, she is working with fractions and least/greatest common factor.
Minnie continues to show her independence by wanting to work alone. I am grateful for her independence. The problem is by the end of the day, I am too tired to go over the work. I say we will do it the next day. However, it doesn't happen often, because she wants to get her daily work done before she and I have our discussion. This has become a cycle , which I am hoping to nip it in the bud soon.






Enjoy your weekend!