Related Posts with Thumbnails

Saturday, January 10, 2009

I Remember my 10th Birthday



I couldn't fall asleep on June 5, 1974. I was excited about turning ten the next day. While I was tossing and turning in bed, Mom and Dad were assembling my birthday present.


I must have fallen asleep. Before I knew it, Mom and Dad were standing next to my bed, wishing me a happy birthday. They led me to the backyard, where a 2-ft. swimming pool awaits for me.


Sister and I had a ball swimming in the pool all day long. The only thing that topped the swimming pool was Mom serving us crab for lunch.

What was your memoriable birthday? What do you remember about your younger years?

6 Comments:

  1. Daphine said...
    I loved this! What a great memory! Love the picture of you and your sister! Very cute!
    He & Me + 3 said...
    What a fun birthday and an awesome present. Cute picture. I love that you have old pictures. I wish we had more than we do.
    Denise said...
    Such a sweet memory my friend.
    Julie Gillies said...
    What a FUN birthday present, and wonderful memory. You are adorable.

    See you at the park! :)
    Marsha said...
    What a wonderful memory. I'm sorry I didn't participate today. I'm still with my Mom and step Dad and my day time hours are very occupied! Next week I'll give it a whirl.
    Alicia The Snowflake said...
    Oh how sweet! What a great memory! I love the picture. Too cute!

    I'll try to play along later. I have a good birthday memory to share.

    Take care my friend!

Post a Comment



Template by:
Free Blog Templates