Related Posts with Thumbnails

Thursday, January 8, 2009



I finally received a reimbursement check from State Farm. About a year ago, a truck backed into my car in the Wal-mart parking lot. The police showed up to write up the report. It wasn't an official accident report, because it happened on a private property. The other party was very cooperative when the policeman was present. When he told what had happened, it coincided with my story. However, he completely changed his story after I contacted his insurance company.

Frustrated with the whole thing, I took it upon myself to tell his insurance company that he was lieing. When his insurance company refused to believe me, I screamed and yelled at her. After she told me that she was just doing her job, and that I had no reason to scream, I hung up.

As I tried to calm myself down, I stared at the beautiful blue sky, and Romans 12:9 ( Do not take revenge, my friends, but leave room for God's wrath, for it is written: "It is mine to avenge; I will repay,"says the Lord.) rattled in my head. A feeling of calmness suddenly overcame me, as I told God that it was in His hands and not in mine.

I am thankful it is not my job to take revenge on people who had hurt me.


For more Thankful Thursday, click on the clip art.

11 Comments:

  1. Unknown said...
    Amen, Revenge is Mine sayith the Lord. Great example
    Unknown said...
    Yes, vengence is mine says the LORD!

    O'Father we can't thank You enough for going before us and cleaning up after us. Your mercy upon us is such a blessing we don't deserve.

    His word is life to the bones - praising Him for all that He speaks to us when we need it!

    I love how He is always there right on TIME!

    Blessings,
    Jill
    Jennifer said...
    Amen! God has our backs and will do the battling for us. Sometimes, He has to clean up my messes before He can take care of the problem at hand. I am trying to learn to stop, think and pray before I react.

    Thanks for sharing this encouraging post today.

    Happy TT!
    Denise said...
    Amen sweetie, you are very wise.
    Anonymous said...
    I'm GLAD you finally got the check! And you are right...it is NOT our place to seek revenge! Thank you for the reminder! ;)
    Laurie Ann said...
    Your post was a wake-up call to me. I have been dealing with issues with my sister...plotting "what if" scenarios if something happened to one of my parents, wondering if she should even be allowed in the funeral home as she has cut herself almost completely off from our family. What sweet relief I found in this verse and in this post. It's not my burden to bear. God will take care of it and deal with her heart on His own terms. I feel like a load has been lifted that I didn't even know I was carrying until I read this post. May God bless you for speaking to me through His Word. Happy Thankful Thursday!
    Debra Kaye said...
    Sweet Jean,

    It is so hard to not lose our self control when someone is not telling the truth about us in a situation but God is always faithful and things "always come out in the wash"!

    I'm glad His Word spoke to your heart, my friend!
    Alicia The Snowflake said...
    Amen! What a great verse! I have had to remember it myself a few times over the years :o)

    Take care my friend!
    Happy TT!
    He & Me + 3 said...
    Yes, He will take care of us. Completely.
    GodsOwn/Bernice said...
    Thxs for the encouragements
    GB
    Jane Anne said...
    With your title saying "Leave Room for God's Wrath" I wasn't sure what to expect from your post. And, wow, what a great example learning to let go and turn things over to God. Thank you for your honesty.

Post a Comment



Template by:
Free Blog Templates