Related Posts with Thumbnails

Thursday, February 26, 2009

Thankful Thursday~Basics



The basics of life are food, clothes, and shelter. I am embarrassed to say that many times those things do not suffice my needs. Like Sharpay from High School Musical, Sometimes I want more. As I have found out for myself, having more does not quench my desires. There is always something out there for me to temporary sate my thirst. However, having a relationship with the LORD permanently satisfies my needs . I am thankful that He first loved me. I am thankful that He daily provides my needs.

Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more important than food, and the body more important than clothes. Matthew 6:25


These needs include:

Prince Charming- A wise man who shows his love by his service, integrity, honesty, and actions.

Children- They are gifts from God to keep me young and mobile.

Mom- A wise and strong woman, whom I often take for granted.

Food- Unlike my cousins in Vietnam, I don't have to hunt food for my family. My pantry is never empty.

Water- drinking water is not contaminated; I have instant hot shower.

Clothing- I have the bare essentials to cover my body, and that is all I need.

What are you Thankful for this week? Click on the clip art to visit Iris. You can read more Thankful Thursday or participate in the fun.

9 Comments:

  1. Anonymous said...
    I love your list. We have so much to be thankful for:)

    Blessings

    Wib
    Anonymous said...
    Such precious blessings, great thankful list my friend.
    Anonymous said...
    That was awesome. i feel like Sharpay sometimes too. Beautiful verse and yes...only He can truly satisfy, but I am thankful for all the things He has placed in my life to hold me over:)
    Saleslady371 said...
    Your list is a good one!
    Laurie Ann said...
    I have found that the basics are really grand in the scheme of things, aren't they? Great list! Happy Thankful Thursday!
    Jennifer said...
    Wonderful list of thankfuls today. We are blessed beyond measure.

    Happy TT!
    Alicia The Snowflake said...
    Great list my friend! That is one of my favorite scriptures! Too often we take the basics for granted. May we remember to stop and take the time to be grateful for them everyday!

    Take care my friend!
    Anonymous said...
    Thank you for sharing your thankful heart and blessing my blog with your visit.

    ~Mrs.Cuddles
    He & Me + 3 said...
    I can't find a comment box on your friday funnies post. That was hilarious though. For sure He does Save.

Post a Comment



Template by:
Free Blog Templates