Friday, February 13, 2009
Our week started with returning to the orthodontist to fix a broken bracket. On Wednesday, the kids an doctor's appointment. Somehow, we managed to have a very productive school week. As always, biology kept The Inquisitor busy. He is learning about quadratic equation and imaginary numbers in algebra 2. We are trying to finish Rod & Staff 7th grade grammar. I think it is so important to learn the material , because it will improve his writing. Since he will be taking Spanish at Southeast next year, we completely dropped the course.
Minnie finished writing her interpretation of The Princess and the Pea. I can't say enough about Pudewa's Writing Intensive Program. In the program Minnie learns how to pick out 3 key words per sentence. Using the keywords, she writes her story.
Just when I thought Minnie is not comprehending her science material, she surprised me by acing the test without any review. Way to go!! Minnie.
While public school kids are out on Monday, we will continue with school. I am afraid that if I take a break, it might last more than a month.
Labels: Homeschooling






It sounds like the kids are doing great. You're doing an awesome job!
I did get my blog moved to blogger. The new address is:
http://momsmutterings.blogspot.com
Click on settings, then on comments.
Scroll down until you see "Comment Form Placement." Then click, "Embedded below post."
Hope you are having a wonderful Valentine's day!
Blessings to you this week!