Related Posts with Thumbnails

Friday, February 6, 2009

Homeschool Weekly #22

I tried very hard not to do many outside schooling activities this week. A few times, I was tempted to drop everything and go grocery shopping. However, I managed to refrain myself from getting into the car. It's amazing how much we can accomplish when we have a minimum distraction. We skipped homeschool skating today, because I wanted to have the weekend of doing nothing, but clean the house.

The Inquisitor finished 5 lessons of algebra 2 and Rod & Staff Grammar, kept up with biology, and wrote a summary of Johanna Strauss.

Minnie started Pudewa's Intensive writing this week. She read "The Princess and the Pea", outlined the story, and rewrote the story from her notes. Pudewa does a wonderful job of teaching kids on how to write.

I need to spend more time in Science and History with Minnie. I don't think she is grasping the material, because the lesson is too dry. I need to do something different next year. She wants to join Co-operative Education. I am still pondering about the whole idea.

3 Comments:

  1. Denise said...
    Praying for your sweet family. I love you.
    He & Me + 3 said...
    I always hated writing...maybe I should get that curriculum
    Anonymous said...
    We've been staying home more lately too, mostly due to the weather but also to get into a good routine at home. We're set for a bakery field trip this coming week though, for a change of pace.

Post a Comment



Template by:
Free Blog Templates