Tuesday, December 9, 2008
As more friends are getting divorces or going through separations, I begin to wonder about the stability of my marriage. Is Prince Charming's love tank full? Am I daily applying Gary Chapman's 5 emotional love languages: gifts, words of affirmation, acts of service, quality time, and physical touch?
- Gift giving -Thank God, gift giving is not Prince Charming's love language. This can get expensive. Before he buys his latest toy, he researches it. I can show fill his love tank by supporting him.
- Word of affirmation- forgiveness. This is so important when we have a disagreement before bedtime. When I am at fault, I ask for forgiveness before I close my eyes. If I don't, Prince Charming tosses and turns throughout the night. This isn't fair for him, especially when he has to rise early.
- Acts of service- Prince Charming loves an orderly house. His love tank is never full, because I am still in training. I think he has already given up hope (LOL). This is to my advantage. When he gets fed up with the chaos, he starts cleaning.
- Quality time- Playing Scrabble, our nightly ritual after dinner. My love tank is also filled.
- Physical touch- Kissing him good-bye before he leaves the house.
Labels: family, inspirational
4 Comments:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






These are such important things to evaluate in your marriage. I know the Lord will honor your efforts to bless your Prince Charming.
Hugs to you today my sweet friend.
Thanks for sharing!