Related Posts with Thumbnails

Sunday, December 21, 2008




The kids' Christmas plays are done.
The Christmas cards are sent.
The presents are wrapped.
The house is cleaned.
The Christmas dinner menu and groceries are complete.
Let the joy of Christmas begin.

This Christmas season is busier than the ones in the past. I was going thru the motions of Christmas, but my spirit wasn't there. However, after 3 days of house arrest, my spirit has been uplifted.
Mom, my sister, and brother-in-law will be coming to our house on Christmas day. Until my sister and her husband moved to Gainesville, we didn't have any family members joining us for Christmas. This will be the second annual Christmas celebration at our home.

I will be cooking our usual favorite casseroles: Senator Russels' Sweet Potatoes, Broccoli, and green beans. In addition to casseroles, we will be having ham and duck. For deserts, we will have pumpkin pie, chocolate covered pretzels, and banana nut bread.

To cut down my stress level and to spend less time in the kitchen on Christmas day, I will be preparing and cooking for the next 3 days:
Monday: deserts
Tuesday & Wednesday: side dishes.
Wednesday: Wash china, silverware, and glasses

May you and your family have a blessed Christmas, and be in good health for 2009.

5 Comments:

  1. Anonymous said...
    Merry Christmas! Have a wonderful time with your family this Christmas.
    He & Me + 3 said...
    I'll say it is beginning to feel alot like Christmas. I am excited for the Day. Celebrating Jesus' birth surrounded by family and friends...no better day. It is also freezing here:)
    Denise said...
    Praying for your family to be sweetly blessed with a very merry Christmas. I love you.
    Anonymous said...
    That sounds like a good plan. I always have a Christmas Eve dinner at our house, so I work on it on for a couple of days before too.
    Wsprsweetly Of Cottages said...
    Thank you for stopping by and for your sweet comments. I am so ...new at this and a bit shy about my home. It has been such an experience to see pictures of other homes and read the comments people make. What a pure joy all of this is...plus you can see others share joy in the same things you do..and...it just feels good. Merry Christmas!

Post a Comment



Template by:
Free Blog Templates