Monday, September 29, 2008
Planning The Inquisitor's High School Years
Posted by Speaking from the Heart at Monday, September 29, 2008I often questioned by friends and family if I am planning to homeschool through high school. Not until recently, I would have said yes. However, The plan is slowly changing. For those who have been following my blog, know that DH and I are thinking of sending the Inquisitor to high school next year. Although it is a public high school, it has a college-preparatory (IB) program .
As I obtain more positive information about the program, DH is warming up to the idea daily. Southeast recruits upcoming high school students annually. If the Inquisitor was in a public middle school and he was at the top of his class, he would receive an invitation to an open house in late October. Being invited to an open house does not guarantee that he is accepted to the program. He has to submit an essay.
Location of the school and social interaction which The Inquisitor will be facing daily are a couple of DH's and my concerns. Our minds are at ease when we learned that there has not been any kind of trouble (drugs, gang, guns, etc) at the school. The parents whom I talked to are happy with their decisions.
I have also learned that the school is similar to a university. The IB and the other three programs are not tied together. Each program is a campus of its own. The kids within the program stick together. Unless The Inquisitor takes shop, or any general high school electives, he will be hanging around with IB students. Lastly, the bus will transport him and his IB classmates to and from the school.
Labels: Homeschooling, IB
1 Comment:
-
- Mrs. Darling said...
September 29, 2008 at 10:09 AMWhat major decisions there are when kids reach highschool age. I wish though that we had a school like that around here. It sounds wonderful.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





