Related Posts with Thumbnails

Saturday, September 13, 2008

Out of the eight years we've been homeschooling, this has to be the busiest year. We are out on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays. The extra activities have been a hindering to us. Although the classes outside of the home are beneficial to the kids, I feel strongly that they should continue with their core curriculum at home. The Inquisitor has 7 high school subjects he has to stay up to date, like wise for Minnie and her elementary courses.

Wednesday is the busiest day of the week. We usually leave around 9:30 for P.E. Instead of going home for a couple of hours, we would crash at the church until it is time for The Inquisitor's Video Game Animation class and Minnie's acting class. Our day should end around 5;30; however, we don't get home until 8:30 or later. The Inquisitor goes to Youth Group Bible Study at 7:00. We are literally living out of our car and at our church.

There's no doubt, I am not relaxed with too many outside activites. I am constantly telling the kids to get their work done, even on Saturdays and Sundays. I sound like a broken record player. It seems like we are always behind and we need to eliminate some activities. However, The Inquisitor and Minnie feel differently. They love going to P.E. on Wednesdays. They are willing to do their work in order to continue, because they know that P.E. will be the first activity to be eliminated.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



Template by:
Free Blog Templates