Thursday, September 18, 2008
Thankful Thursday & Homeschool Weekly #6
Posted by Speaking from the Heart at Thursday, September 18, 2008
I am thankful for being able to stay home on Monday and Friday- We didn't have any commitments. The kids completed their schoolwork, and I had a chance to clean up the house , catch up on laundry, and cook a healthy meal for dinner.
- I am thankful for DH's wisdom- Because The Inquisitor is stressed over the amount of research he has to do for CFC debate, I seriously thought about allowing him to drop the course. However, DH feels differently. He wants the Inquisitor to complete the course. DH reminded me that we should be teaching The Inquisitor perseverance instead of being a quitter.
- I am thankful for teamwork (DH & me)- We're a team when it comes to algebra 2. A dear friend gave us a Saxon Algebra 2 curriculum (2nd edition) set. The set included the textbook, solutions manual, tests, and test answers . Whenever The Inquisitor takes a test I would pray that he would get the answers right. Because I do not have the solution to the test, I would have to work each problem that he gets wrong. Sometimes the problems are easy to solve. Other times it would take me several hours just to solve just one problem. Monday night was one of those nights where I spent many hours on finding a surface area of an odd geometrical shape. Around 9:30, I decided to take a break and read a bedtime story to Minnie. When I returned to the classroom a half hour later, DH was sitting at the table work on the problem. After several attempts and an hour later, the problem was solved.
- Because of our diligent work in solving one math problem, I am thankful that The Inquisitor witnessed Dh's and my perseverance. If we want our kids to do the same, we must first set examples.
- I am thankful for Minnie's love language (service)- While I was helping The Inquisitor with his schoolwork on Tuesday night, Minnie was in the kitchen washing the pots and pans. I don't know when was the last time that I had dishes done before 8:30, had time to watch a movie with Minnie on a week night.
- I am thankful for The Inquisitor's good attitude - The thirteen year old Inquisitor scored 87% on his Rosetta Stone test, but he had to retake it three times. The program repeats the test, if it is below 90%. Although he wasn't happy with the repetition, The Inquisitor did it with a good attitude.
Labels: Homeschooling, Thanksgiving
8 Comments:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






Blessings to you today!
. . . You express so nicely the simple thanksgiving that homeschoolers appreciate often silently. God Bless your (and DH's) efforts to raise godly children!
Kindest Thoughts,
Esthermay
Have a blessed weekend.
I wish that I could get mine up, but I have been still battling this morning sickness. My mom even is staying with me all week to help us hopefully get back on our feet.
I look forward to reading your next week's homeschool!
Mrs.Cuddles