Related Posts with Thumbnails

Sunday, September 21, 2008

Balancing "Mom" and "Teacher"

,


I've always thought that a line between educating my children and being a mother is fuzzy. As I prepared to blog about this topic, I realized that the line is not as fuzzy as I thought. Whether I am a teacher or a Mom, I want them to:

  • lean on God for guidance
  • nurture their minds with great thoughts, for the sky is their limit.
  • persevere when things gets tough. They will become a better person in the end.
  • be financially independent, once they are on their own

2 Comments:

  1. Mrs. Darling said...
    I myself have always found that kinds strange when I hear people worry about becoming a teacher in their kids eyes and worried that the mother part might be lost. They really are one and the same. A mother is called to teach regardless of whether or not that is in a homeschool capacity. Good points.
    Merit Kirkpatrick said...
    Great post sharing great & simple truth, Jean :)

Post a Comment



Template by:
Free Blog Templates