Related Posts with Thumbnails

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

It's Too Early to Quit


I am dedicating this Thankful Thursday to my late Dad, who taught me perserverance.

The Inquisitor wanting to drop debate reminded me so much of myself 2o something years ago, when I wanted to drop out of College of Engineering. I was failing several courses. If I didn't bring up my grades, I would not be returning the following semester. I tried to take the easy route by telling my late dad that I didn't have what it took to become an engineer. Of course, he didn't fall for it. After a long discussion, I told him that I was failing. Instead of screaming at me, he made an appointment with the Dean of Engineering.


Dad and me (1989)
Dad and I met with Dean Rey one afternoon. Dean Rey allowed me to stay in school and to enroll as a part-time student for the following semester. With determination, I completed the program in seven years. I am so thankful that Dad believed in me and encouraged me not to quit.


Now that I am a parent, I understand. Like dad, I don't want to raise quitters. The habits that I am instilling in The Inquisitor and Minnie will be their habits of tomorrow.

3 Comments:

  1. Trina said...
    I just love the story about your father . . . HUGs to both of you and thanks for sharing something so special with us.
    Unknown said...
    Hi,

    I love this post. And, your Dad. What a neat tribute and Praise the Lord your Dad didn't let you quit.
    Debra Kaye said...
    What a beautiful tribute to your Dad. Aren't we all glad that Jesus doesn't quit on us?!!!

    Blessings to you!!

Post a Comment



Template by:
Free Blog Templates