Related Posts with Thumbnails

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

For more Thankful Thursday, clip on the clipart


Due to a horrible thunderstorm, we've been without internet for almost a week. I must admit that I have gotten spoiled by the internet. I didn't realize how much I depend on it for online banking, shopping, homeschooling communications, blogging, etc. I am thankful for having the internet once again. Being without internet reminds me of my first apartment, which was the basement of my Landlord's home. It had no windows. When the lights were out, I was totally in the dark.



Homeschooling was tough this week. We spent our time driving to our church, so The Inquisitor can use the internet to do his debate research. Debate has taken alot of his time. He barely has enough time to do anything else. He had his first Apologia biology co-op this week. He likes his teacher. Her teaching methods are totally different from mine. The Inquisitor welcomed the change. Biology will be another course that requires his attention. I have already told him that I want him to learn the material thoroughly so that he can CLEP it in the spring.

The idea of sending him to an International Baccalaureate (IB) High School has been in the back my mind since last spring. I thought I could prepare him, by giving him lots of schoolwork and a little stress. I didn't realize that I am giving him 100 times over. He's doing well.

I finally got my courage to tell DH of my plans for The Inquisitor's high school years. Besides having a school in a bad location, DH is all for it. Those who have gone through the program has gotten accepted and/or scholarships to University of Florida, Emory University, Purdue, etc.


The Inquisitor was not thrilled about the idea at first, but after talking to a friend who goes there, he is excited about the idea. I am thankful for that The Inquisitor is wise beyond his years. First of all, he told me that he has never seeked for God's guidance until now. Secondly, he also told me that this is the best time to do it, because he has me and his dad here to support him. He will not have this, if he goes away for college. Lastly, he stands firm on his beliefs.

I am excited about this IB program, because I know my teaching days with The Inquisitor is almost over. He is way beyond what I can teach him. He needs more challanges. He admitted to me that he does school just to get by. I told him that I knew that all along. After what he will be going through this year, I truly believe his first year will be a breeze. Looking over his freshman courses, it will be a repeat of this year. Hopefully, he'll be able to get credit for it and move on. The school is going to send us an invitation to an open house in October. We'll go from there.

Please keep us in your prayers.

12 Comments:

  1. bp said...
    I know what you mean about being spoiled with the internet.

    I hope everything works out smoothly with the schooling.
    Unknown said...
    Glad you have internet back. I think I would have to go through withdrawls or something. I enjoyed reading about you and your son and schooling.

    Have a wonderful TT.
    Denise said...
    You will be in my prayers, bless you.
    Anonymous said...
    glad you got your internet back. God bless you.
    i said...
    I think I am too dependent on the internet as well *oops*. I'm so glad your internet is up and running again.

    Happy TT and God bless!
    Debra Kaye said...
    As a mother of a junior in high school I can appreciate your dependence on the internet! May the Lord give you wisdom and peace in all of your decisions. What a great post this beautiful Thursday.

    God bless you!
    Mary said...
    Praise God that He gives you wisdom for the next step in schooling your son. He's so faithful. Sounds like a good plan. Thanks for sharing. Blessings on your day.
    Melanie said...
    Oh, dear... I'm afraid I would feel like I was living in the dark ages without my internet! :)

    Your son sounds so special...I love how he told you that now was a good time to start looking to God for direction as he was still near you and his dad for support.

    Happy Thankful Thursday!
    GranthamLynn said...
    my daughter went to a Christian private school till 10th grade and because relocating she was homeschooled in 10th. Which I loved btw. When we relocated again her jr. she went to a rural public school. I really think that this was a Blessing and I can see God's hand in all. When she graduated she went to a private Christian college. I think that those two years in High School really, really prepared her for college. I am sure you know how people on the "outside" seem to critize that our "homeschooled" and "private" kids are shelterd. And I guess in some ways they are and she was so these two years I think God used to prepare her. She is happily married now and we have a wonderful new grandson.
    Just trust in God. And pray through it all and it will work out.
    Smiles,
    Sherry
    Addicted to Beadz said...
    Where were we before the internet? It is hard to remember.

    Thanks for Sharing!

    Cheryl
    Marsha said...
    Aplologia Biology and he's not in high school yet? That's a 10th grade subject! How awesome is that!

    I'm glad you have power back. A week is a long time to be without.

    Have a blessed weekend.
    Anonymous said...
    I'm sorry that you have been without internet. It can be so hard...at least for me.

    I will be praying for your upcoming decision process. I've never heard of the program and it sounds very unique.

    Have a great week and I look forward to reading next weeks report!
    Mrs. Cuddles

Post a Comment



Template by:
Free Blog Templates