Related Posts with Thumbnails

Friday, February 15, 2008

For more Friday Show n tell, click on the above clipart

Thank you for joining in the reading of A Mother's Journey

Copyright 1997 by Linda Dillow



The seasons marched on and the mother grew old. She was frail and bent.
But her children were tall and strong, and walked in the way of wisdom.
When the journey was hard, they helped their mother.
When the path was rough, they lifted her.


At last they came to the pinnacle of the highest mountain.
Beyond it they saw shining road and a golden gate flung open
.

There stood the brilliant tree of life. The mother said,

"I have reached the end of my journey.

I have been faithful to my children and Faithful to God.

The end is better than the beginning,

for my children can walk alone with the Shepherd."

As she passed through the gates, her Shepherd say,

Well Done.

You gave Me your hopes,

gave Me your dreams;

Though the path of life

was not what it seemed.

You affirmed your children,

were faithful to Me.

You were the Mother

I asked you to be


10 Comments:

  1. Anonymous said...
    You've changed your blog again. You are so creative. Nice way to post for Homeschool Lounge. I was reading about it today. AND another nice read with lovely pictures from A Mother's Journey. Thank you.

    I hope you have a wonderful weekend.

    In Him,
    Marie
    Anonymous said...
    What a wonderful post. I loved reading it. You have touched my soul.
    Mama Karen
    Anonymous said...
    Thanks for sharing this each week. I have also been participating in the 30 days of speaking kind words to and about your husband. I think this is a wonderful thing!
    Anonymous said...
    what an amazing sunset!!!
    Thanks for sharing. I have one book by Linda Dillow and enjoy it every time I read it. It is Creative COunterpart.
    Anonymous said...
    Thank you this has been a beautiful book and I have loved the pics you have chosen to express it with.

    Blessings and ((hugs)) my SSiC
    In Him<><
    -Mary
    Anonymous said...
    Great post for S&T. Have a great day.
    Dot
    www.homeschoolblogger.com/hsingone/
    Anonymous said...
    That is beautiful!
    Andi Carter said...
    Aw....this is the last one? It's been a lovely journey, and I've enjoyed each of your pictures...perfect combination with the text...
    A Bee said...
    Beautiful post. Look forward to reading more of your blog.

    Deb (Joy in the Journey)
    Anonymous said...
    Thank you for sharing that beautiful book.

    Have a wonderful weekend-
    Denise
    aka /HeartnSoul on HSB

Post a Comment



Template by:
Free Blog Templates