Related Posts with Thumbnails

Friday, December 21, 2007

Busy as a Bee


It's Friday Show and Tell with Canada Girl. Would you like to participate or just visit other Friday Show and Tell Blogges? Click on the above link .

I can't believe we're half way through our winter vacation. It seems like we're constantly going somewhere. We began our Christmas break (December 1) at Busch Gardens.



Two weeks later, we returned to the park for more fun with our friends.

Because the temperature was in the 50's and many people were getting ready for Christmas, the park was not crowded. It was so nice not to have to wait in long lines. As a matter of fact, the kids rode several rides twice.


Between our trips to Busch Gardens, Fun Christmas activities kept us busy .



Katherine's Christmas musical production at church.

Communicators for Christ Christmas production

The best part of our Christmas activities was visiting Charles Dickens and his wife, Clement C. Moore, P.T. Barnum and Beatrix Potter at the Crosley Estate. Our hosts greeted us as we entered the mansion. During the performance we moved from room to room to enjoy interactive theatrical presentations of these holiday stories: A Christmas Dinner from Sketches by Boz, The Tailor of Gloucester, Christmas at the Cratchits,A Christmas Carol, T'was the Night Before Christmas, and finally, Herschel and the Hanukkah Goblins.

Beatrix Potter volunteered Mark to do sound affects.


Casts of the Christmas at the Cratchits

Katherine gets some acting pointers from Mrs. Dickens, who narrated Herschel and the Hanukkah Goblins.




The festivities end with caroling in the courtyard.

Sleep in Heavenly Peace

7 Comments:

  1. Disney for Boys said...
    You have such a beautiful family!!! I know i have said it before but its true! Looks like you all had a great time!
    Cat said...
    Wow - great pics of your lovely kids & that Crosley Estate looks fantastic!

    Merry Christmas!
    Cate
    A Bee said...
    Looks like great fun! Happy Christmas.
    Deb


    Joy in the Journey
    bubbebobbie said...
    Happy Holidays! What a fun pictorial. I really love your header photo too.
    Merry Christmas!
    Because of Jesus, Bobbie
    Jenn4Him said...
    Very fun! I enjoyed all of the pictures. The last one, especially. I love avoiding crowds too! Have a Merry Christmas.
    Jenn
    Andi Carter said...
    What great pics. The Busch Gardens are in Victoria, right? Have a wonderful Christmas!
    Canadagirl said...
    Oh, I finally get to comment !!! I have been loving your S&T's. I wanted to make sure you knew. YOu have a beautiful family. Thank you for joining S&T and I hope you keep joining each week. Merry Christmas my SSiC.

    Blessings and ((hugs)) my SSiC
    In HIm<><
    -Mary aka Canadagirl
    http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/Canadagirl

Post a Comment



Template by:
Free Blog Templates