Related Posts with Thumbnails

Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Engagement with a Clang

December 22, 1990
After shopping all day for Christmas presents, Prince Charming and I stopped at Cracker Barrel for dinner. While waiting for our table, we were analyzing mind boggling puzzles in the gift shop. Of all the puzzles, removing a ring from the horseshoes was our favorite.




Of course, it didn't take Prince Charming long to figure out the solution. I, on the other hand, had some difficulties. Before I could figure out the solution, we were called to our table.

Not wanting Prince Charming to have the victory, I purchased the puzzle. While waiting for our food, I twisted and turned the horseshoes until the ring fell onto my dinner plate. The clang was so loud that everyone in our dining area turned around and stared at us.

After such an embarrassment moment, Prince Charming still proposed to me that night. We were wrapping Christmas presents, when he nonchalantly told me to wrap a box. Because I didn't recgonize the package, I peeked inside. I was surprised, when I saw a diamond ring.

Our engagement didn't become official, until my dad gave us his blessings.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



Template by:
Free Blog Templates