Related Posts with Thumbnails

Saturday, August 16, 2008

Homeschool Weekly #1


Woo hoo!! we made it thru one week of school. The Inquisitor and Minnie picked up where they had left off in May. Considering that they had been off for almost 4 months, they did well. We tried not to have any interruptions during school hours; however, sometime that is unavoidable. The only interruption we had was on Tuesday. As we backed out of the garage, DH noticed tire marks in the driveway. As it turned out, we had a flat tire. The plans for homeschooling on that Tuesday afternoon was cancelled, when we realized that we had take the car to GoodYear.

With so many good curriculum, I am having a hard time in deciding what to teach. For right now, DS is cconcentrating on algebra 2, grammar, and Spanish. He will be starting Debate and Speech next Thursday; Computer game animation on the following Wednesday. Finally, he will begin studying biology in September. I don't want to weigh The Inquisitor with a lot of subjects. I know speech and debate will keep him busy. Minnie spent her week in cursive writing, Daily Grams, Abekka Math, and Literature (Pages in my Head). Because she took 40 hours of Engineering Technology, I am giving her a break from science for the week. Besides,I am still waiting for a curriculum to go with our world history.

Teaching an eight grader and a 5th grader can get a little stressful sometimes. I am trying hard not to let every little thing bother me. Walking 30-minutes a day with Leslie Sassoon (Walk Away the Pounds) has helped me to release this stress. When that doesn't work, I would grab my Ipod, get on my bike and cruise round the neighborhood for 45 minutes.

Besides having DH around the house more, there are a few modifications in our home. We are eating more fruits and vegetables. We have cut back the red meat. At all times, there is a bowl full of fruits in the fridge. I am trying hard to lose weight, lower my cholesterol and my blood pressure.

Our weekend is filled with The Inquisitor going to a birthday party. Minnie will tage along to keep the birthday boy's sister company. DH will work in his garden, and I will be preparing lesson plans for the upcoming week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



Template by:
Free Blog Templates