Related Posts with Thumbnails

Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Ringing in the New School Year






This 100 year old bell was hung at a local church. Mom gave it to us as an early Christmas gift. Dear husband repainted the bell and made a post for it.

This bell will be great to get the kids to return to class.

10 Comments:

  1. Anonymous said...
    I love the creativity in young children!
    Anonymous said...
    OOPS! I have about 5 windows up, and I posted the wrong comment for you!

    The bell is neat. Our neighbor uses a "dinner bell" to call her boys home when it's time to eat. We chuckle each time we hear it.
    Anonymous said...
    Very nice! I remember my parents using a triange ( remember those) to call us in when we lived on a ranch.
    Anonymous said...
    Welcome back ! And what a neat way to ring in the year. [0=

    I have been thinking of getting a bell or triangle so I don't have to yell. lol

    I pray blessings on your year of learning adventures.

    Blessings and ((HUGS))
    In Him<><
    -Mary
    Anonymous said...
    I love the bell!
    Blessings,
    Dawn
    Anonymous said...
    This is great!! I would love to have one of those!!

    I live in a subsdivision. Do you think my neighbors would mind?!!he he he They probably would!!

    I hope you enjoy it!!
    Thanks for sharing,
    Robyn
    http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/sonoranstamper/
    Andi Carter said...
    Oh, you lucky duck. A REAL 110-year-old bell. Do you ring it often?
    Jennifer Hoots said...
    It's so nice you could join us again. We use a cow bell here to call school to order. I love my bell.
    Jenn
    Anonymous said...
    I *love* the bell!! And the history that comes with it is priceless!! It looks great right there on that wonderful post your hubby made for it - he is so talented! Have fun with it! :)

    Have a lovely weekend~
    Shani
    Mandy said...
    What a gorgeous gift! That is beautiful! It will stand for many years to come - signaling the coming of happy times!

Post a Comment



Template by:
Free Blog Templates