Related Posts with Thumbnails

Sunday, January 13, 2008

A Penny Saved is a Penny Earned

It's amazing how much our children are willing to sacrifice, if they are spending their money. My dear son is saving for a computer. He deposits everything (even a penny) he earns into his savings account. He wouldn't even let go of a dollar for a game of pool with his friends. He painfully walked away from the bookstore, so he wouldn't be tempted to purchase the latest Star Wars novel.

I am in awe with his self-control, discipline & patience. He is sacrificing his immediate wants inorder to obtain his long goals. As I watch him gathering around the pool table with his friends, I want to offer him a dollar for a little fun. However, I must not indulge him. I must

Train [him] in a way he should go, and when he is old, he will not turn away from it. Proverbs 22:6

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



Template by:
Free Blog Templates