Friday, January 25, 2008
I am so glad that it's Friday. Although we didn't finish our weekly syllabus, we did mange to have language arts, spelling, math, and critical thinking.
Our week ended with a play , Teddy Roosevelt and the Treausre of Ursa Major . It was filled with history facts, as well as comical . This was a great audio history lesson.
Teddy Roosevelt ane the Treasure of Ursa Major shows what it was like for Kermit, Ethel, and Archie to live at at 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue.In summer of 1904, President Roosevelt wanted his three rambunctious children to be quiet and stay out of mischief, while he entertained the Russian ambassador. He gave young Ethel, Kermit, and Archie a copy of Treasure Island – and out fell a real-life treasure map. Following clue after clue, the threesome had to work as a team, solved the riddles, and faced their fears, as they learned White House history that leads them from the Red Room, to the President’s Office, to the Lincoln Bedroom, and other places in the White House.
This is one of the best plays my kids and I have seen in awhile. If this play comes to your hometown, I would encourage you to go see it.
Labels: Homeschooling
1 Comment:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






Did you send me a tagged e mail? I wasn't sure if it was from you or someone else but the link didn't work. I do see you have a tag here so maybe it was from you. I'm not sure I have a blog entry for each category but maybe I do?
Your day off sounded fun and productive. Our daughter loves to go to Build A Bear too. Her Build A Bears go on vacation with us and all over. She has to figure out her coupons, her cash flow and make sure it all fits in her budget when we are there. Just like your day, "Budget Mgt. 101".
Congratulations on your children doing so well in the Spelling Bee!
There's a Bible study starting at our church about Having a Mary Heart in a Martha World. I enjoyed reading your entry about your cult feelings and Jim Jones' Koolaid.
When I became a Christian my parents were sure I'd joined a JJ Cult in the 1970s. They were not at all happy that I was a Christian. Some of your feelings, I can relate to when things have been allowed to 'sift' me and our family.
I really like your template and the sayings at the top that describe different aspects of Christianity. I just learned how to post photos last month so I've got a way to go before I can move out of a cookie cutter template. LOL! I had lots of hard learning experiences so far with blogging but I'm learning. :)
It's great to see you blog.
In Him,
Marie