Related Posts with Thumbnails

Friday, January 25, 2008

For more Friday Show n tell, click on the above clipart

Thank you for joining in the reading of A Mother's Journey

Copyright 1997 by Linda Dillow


The children grew like sunflowers dancing along the hillside.
The days were long, but the air was thick.


A summer storm rolled across the heavens
Lightning flashed, hail pounded, and the
Children shook with cold and fear.

The path was steep and the children grew weary.
But the mother encircled them with warmth of her love.
"Walk on, dear ones," she said, "We will soon be there."

So the children climbed.

When they finally ascend the above the storm, they said,
"We could not have made it without you, Mother."

And she rejoiced. This is better than the joy of springtime, for

I have taught my children perserverance

And her Shepherd said,

You were faithful in the hard times.

Give Me your hopes,

give Me your dreams;

The journey is long

and not what it seems.

Affirm your children;

to be faithful to Me;

This is the Mother

I want you to be.


9 Comments:

  1. Jennifer Hoots said...
    Again, this is very encouraging. Thank you.
    Jenn
    Anonymous said...
    Your new template is lovely. Also,I really am enjoying the way that your pictures match with your inspiring words.
    Anonymous said...
    Very nice.
    Anonymous said...
    That is very beautiful and encouraging. Like the pictures too. Your blog design is really nice - I love the garden theme.
    Anonymous said...
    Very beautiful. I so enjoyed reading from A Mother's Journey.
    Mama Karen
    Andi Carter said...
    Oh, this was nice, and the pictures really added to it...
    Rosina {Rosy ~ Posy} said...
    That is very beautiful and so encouraging! I am so glad you stopped by my nature blog today and joined in Mary's S&T or I may have never found your blog :) I am enjoying reading your entries.
    Blessings,
    Nature Mama aka BChsMamaof3
    www.homeschoolblogger.com/NatureNotesFromAbove
    bubbebobbie said...
    How encouraging that post is. I love the poem at the end. It is Cross-stitch worthy, indeed.

    Because of Jesus, Bobbie
    Anonymous said...
    Yes perseverance is so important in our journey with our children. This was a good reminder when times get tough.

    Blessings and ((hugs)) my SSiC
    In Him<><
    -Mary

Post a Comment



Template by:
Free Blog Templates