Thursday, October 22, 2009
Thankful Thursday: Mom, Overcoming the Odds, Marriage, Perserverance
Posted by Speaking from the Heart at Thursday, October 22, 2009
As we get older, so do our parents. Some of us are fortunate to still have our parents around, while many of us have one or both parents who have gone Home. My dad went Home to be with the LORD nine years ago. Not a day goes by that I don't think of him.
A high school friend wasn't as fortunate as me. She lost her mom this week, due to brain tumor. I am thankful that my friend and her brother had an extra year with their mom, despite what the doctor said.
I am thankful for friends who have overcome cancer. I am also thankful for God's comfort to those who are in the process of healing.
With friends going through the process of separations and divorces, I am thankful for my strong marriage.
I am thankful for my perseverance in homeschooling my children. Because of my high expectations , I am reaping the rewards. Mark is making A's and B's in IB (college prep) classes. Katherine is the top of her class.
For more Thankful Thursday, click on the T.T. icon.
Labels: Thanksgiving
4 Comments:
-
- Daphine said...
October 22, 2009 at 10:00 AMBeautifully written! THANKS!- Debbie said...
October 22, 2009 at 10:16 AMThis is a great list of God's blessings. My mom is 77 and still going strong. I thank God every day for that. Have a good day Blessings to you, Debbie- He & Me + 3 said...
October 22, 2009 at 10:22 AMWhat awesome thankfuls. your mom is beautiful. You are blessed. Congrats on the kids doing so well in school. that is awesome.- Denise said...
October 22, 2009 at 11:06 AMSuch wonderful blessings.




