Related Posts with Thumbnails

Friday, October 9, 2009

Where Did the Years Go?


In honor of Katherine's birthday, I am re posting "We're Having Twins" story. I changed the title, because I didn't want my friends on facebook think that I am having twins.

Fifteen years ago, Jeff and I were expecting our first child. I had a sonogram appointment and wanted Jeff to go with me. Not wanting to go, he told me he couldn't get off from work. I got my feelings hurt and went to the appointment by myself. To get even, I went home and texted him "we're having twins" .


Jeff was about to bite into his Whopper, when he received this message. Jeff was so shocked that he stared at his pager for a long time. His boss Mike asked him what was the matter. Jeff showed Mike the message. After the shock, Jeff said he was happy. He told Mike that we have always wanted 2 kids. In the mean time, I was feeling guilty for my childish prank, I texted him back saying it was a joke.


3 years down the road, I am back in the doctor's office waiting for my second sonogram. Considering what I did to Jeff 3 years earlier, I told the nurse to write down the sex of the baby on a piece of paper. I wanted Jeff to know before me.


This time, he had an excuse not come with me. He had to watch Mark. Jeff and Mark were waiting for me in the parking lot, when I came out. I gave him the paper and said I wanted him to be the first one to know the sex of the baby. After he read the paper, he looked at it and told me that we were having another boy. From the look of him, I knew he was joking, but I wasn't sure or maybe I was in a denial. Few minutes later, he told that we were having a girl.


It's hard to believe that this little girl is turning twelve years old on Saturday. The years are flying by.

9 Comments:

  1. Amypie71 said...
    Thanks for sending me the link to this post, I feel like such a dork jumping to conclusions.
    eph2810 said...
    That is so cute :)

    You are right - kids grow up very fast - our son is now 22 almost 23 - can't believe that.
    Anonymous said...
    What cuties! Thanks for sharing pics.
    Pam said...
    That's so funny. I bet he was in shock about the twins. I know I would have been in shock myself if I'd heard that when I was pregnant. Where does the time go?
    He & Me + 3 said...
    Great collage. Hope her birthday is spectacular. cute story!
    Alicia The Snowflake said...
    OH that was too mean ;)

    They do grow up way too fast my friend! But I hope she has a great birthday!!!!
    Jennifer Hoots said...
    That is a sweet post. I hope she has a wonderful birthday. My oldest turns 12 in March. I, too, had to go to an ultra sound alone, but I got really bad news, our last baby had a major birth defect. Thankfully, that was almost 8 years ago and he is fine. Blessings to you.
    Jenn
    Catherine Anne said...
    Hope she has a wonderful Birthday! Love your blog~
    momstheword said...
    I love how you make an extra meal for the next month, very creative!

    How sweet of you to let your hubby know first that time, and how cute that he surprised you!

    I don't know if it's just me but your blog header has a bunch of lines and words and stuff on it.

    I didn't think you had any posts because I had to scroll way down before I saw any. It just came up blank on the screen and I had to scroll a couple of times to see any posts.

    Anyway, just thought I'd mention it in case it's not just me that sees it that way.

Post a Comment



Template by:
Free Blog Templates