Sunday, November 18, 2007
The temperature dropped down to 43º during the night. It didn't go above 68º during the day. We had planned to go to Busch Gardens, despite of how cold it was. However, the plans failed thru at the last minute. The kids were upset . I felt bad about it. If I didn't feel like teaching them, I knew they probably didn't feel like learning either. Therefore, we headed out the door for a visit to the doctor, library, grocery store, and Wal-mart.
The first stop was the doctor's office, where a patient was curious of why Mark and Katherine weren't in school. Her curiosity got the best of her when she asked if today was a school holiday. She was speechless when I told her that I homeschool. Florida is such a homeschool friendly that I don't have a second thought of taking my kids to places during school hours.
We're trying to input 3 more days of school before taking off for Thanksgiving. When we return, we will only have 5 days of school left before our long winter break. Because Mark is behind in algebra I, he'll continue on with his math during the break.
Katherine and Mark are growing up too fast. I can remember when I was fixing meals for them. They are fixing meals for the family on Thursdays. I am trying my best to stay out of the kitchen, and not to offer help as often. This week, they made macroni & cheese with peas, baked chicken breasts, and steamed broccoli. Since they cook, I have to clean.
I am spending a lot of my time blogging, which I shouldn't be doing. I should spend some one-on-one time with Mark and Katherine. I have to continue to remind myself that they are at this age for a short while.
Since I've finally figured how to add categories to the blog's side bar, maybe I will spend less time designing and more time in writing. I am in awe with so many talented blog webpage designers.




