Related Posts with Thumbnails

Friday, March 7, 2008

5 Pennies


This week's theme is family. Although the picture is 39 years old, it is priceless.  It was taken  a couple of hours after we arrived to America.  Dad was an American soldier when he met Mom in Vietnam. He could have abandoned me and my sister when he married her. Because of his big heart, he told her that sister and I were part of the package.
 






20 Comments:

  1. Anonymous said...
    Shame on that cashier for frightening a little girl like that! I would've had to give her a little piece of mind. LOL
    I just love your illustrations and hearing about your life.

    Oh, thanks for your sweet words about "Broken Pieces". It was a revelation for me too. Boy, if I had known back then what I know now.LOL
    Trina said...
    Thank so much for sharing that story. I pray that this find you well. Have a blessed friday!
    Anonymous said...
    Your memory is so precious and warms my heart to read about it.
    Blessings from Indiana,
    Mama Karen
    Anonymous said...
    That is definitely one of those stories that would "stick" with you for the rest of your life! How scary for a young child!
    Anonymous said...
    That was a great story to share. It's a shame the cashier was so rude! I hope that your family is feeling much better.
    Jennifer Hoots said...
    What a sweet story to share! Have a great weekend.
    Jenn
    Anonymous said...
    How neat to hear of your story coming here, the cashier seemed crazy, it probably made you wonder about this new country!

    Angela
    Andi Carter said...
    So funny now....but probably not so funny then. Isn't it strange the scary/bad moments stay with us sometimes longer than the good memories?
    bubbebobbie said...
    Oh I loved this story. It is funny the way people look at each others currency. Some actually do look like Monopoly money. I am glad you made it home safe. (Did you ever go back?)

    because of Jesus, Bobbie

    http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/bubbebobbie/
    Stephanie Reed said...
    Awww. Good that you can laugh about it now...
    Anonymous said...
    good grief that cashier was a bit over-dramatic lol. Neat story though :D
    A Bee said...
    I'd have loved to have read more!
    Anonymous said...
    That was a cute story. I bet that was very scary for a little girl.
    Anonymous said...
    What a story! I bet that did scare you!

    Hope you have a wonderful weekend!
    Karen
    www.homeschoolblogger.com/salt
    www.homesteadblogger.com/tagblog
    Anonymous said...
    That would have scared me for life. No, really, it would have. My heart raced just reading it...I have to stop visualizing myself in other bloggers lives, LOL.
    Anonymous said...
    Obviously that should have read scarred not scared. Dur.
    Anonymous said...
    Just peeking in on a few friends. It's been a hectic week but
    God is good. How are you?
    Anonymous said...
    Just checking on my bloggy bud. Been missing ya.
    Mandy said...
    I've been out of touch checking in - gotten busy lately - but how are you?
    Susannah said...
    I loved this cute story! Are you of Vietnamese decent? 5 cents certainly doesn't go far these days. :~D

    BTW, tomorrow is Marriage Monday. I hope you'll join us!

    Blessings,
    e-Mom @ Chrysalis

Post a Comment



Template by:
Free Blog Templates