Related Posts with Thumbnails

Thursday, March 6, 2008

Thankful Thursday







  • Because of the recent story about Denise Amber Lee who was abducted from her home during the day, dear husband is more concerned about our kids' and my safety when he isn't around. That was why he was so worried when he came home around 11:00 P.M. and found us nowhere in sight.

    The kids and I had gone to a neighbor's Chinese New Year's Party. Around 8:00, dear son went to our next door neighbor to play with his friend. Dear daughter, a friend, and I returned to our home. After telling dear husband about the party, he told me he had to go to the office and would return in a couple of hours.

    Around 10:00, our friend's parents came to pick her up. Without leaving a note to dear husband of where we were going, dear daughter and I headed over to our next door neighbor. That short visit became a long visit. Before I knew it, it was 11:30.

    In the meantime, dear husband came home. He became concerned when he came into a quiet house and not finding a note. He called my cell phone twice, but didn't get a hold of me. You see, I had left my phone in the car (that's a no-no) . Not wanting to think about the recent abduction and trying to stay calm, he found our neighbor's phone # and got a hold of me.

    Dear husband was relieved that we were safe. My behavior was uncalled for. If the shoe was on the other foot, I surely wouldn't want dear husband to do the same to me. Most ladies might get mad at their husbands' for being in control. However, I am thankful for husband's continuous love to protect me and the kids.



  • I am thankful for my kids' drive to search for answers. Dear Son not only enjoys playing video games, he also likes to know and how the game works. When we go to Goodwill Bookstore, he buys old video game guides. Like her big brother, Dear daughter appeases her curiosity by asking questions . Her latest inquiry was why Mr. and Mrs. Berenstain did not have names for Brother and Sister. She spent one afternoon writing a letter to the Berenstains inquiring them about the matter. She also took it upon herself to search for their home address.

13 Comments:

  1. Denise said...
    Wonderful thankful list.
    twinklemom said...
    Sweet sweet list! *Big hugs and prayers*
    Anonymous said...
    Great sharing of your thoughts!have a nice day
    Gina said...
    Thats horrible about that young mother being abducted/killed. How sad for her two young sons. I can see why your husband was upset. He's a keeper!! Like the soft yellow color of your blog. Good TT post.
    Gina
    Princess said...
    Thanks for sharing your thankful heart. Love that part about your kids, but I could just imagine the thoughts running in your husband's brain, and the relief on his face upon seeing you.
    Enjoyed your post.
    Unknown said...
    Your husband is priceless.

    Neat post and I enjoyed being part of your home for a minute.
    Susan said...
    Happy TT!

    Ahhh, your husband is just wonderful. I love when people "worry" about me. Kinda nice, it's always ME doing the worrying.

    Blessings~
    Anonymous said...
    Oh what a nice hubby you have. Hubby also like that and he always want to go with me when somebody is going to invite me to a part. Thanks for sharing.
    Anonymous said...
    That is so wonderful that you have a protective husband.
    Ms. Kathleen said...
    Good husbands are a treasure and so precious that he was so concerned. I pray they find the little girl unharmed. That is so tragic!
    Cheryl said...
    You have a protective husband. Mine is the same way. We are very blessed for there are so many husbands that do not care. Thanks for a nice TT post. God Bless~
    bp said...
    I'm glad you all were safe. I had not heard of that story before. How scary! Have a good day.
    Anonymous said...
    I hadn't heard that story before, either. Like you, I don't blame my husband for worrying about me. It shows how much he cares. :)
    Thanks for sharing your thankful list.

    Proverbs31
    www.bringinggoodhome.wordpress.com
    www.imperishablebeauty.com

Post a Comment



Template by:
Free Blog Templates