Friday, January 29, 2010
"1 down, 7 more to go" was Mark's exact words, after finishing his finals. He received 3 B's and 4 A's. His first semester as an IB freshman went well. There's no regrets neither from me nor from him. Before entering the program, he and I had heard that there were going to be lots of homework. It is farther from the truth. Yes, Mark has homework.However, he mananged to finish the majority of them before he comes home.
Jeff and I are more at peace about putting Mark in the program. If he had remained at home, we would not have the opportunity to have hands-on experience in culinary and telecasting. I could have taught him cooking, but I know I would not have been able to teach him T.V. production, which is his favorite subject.
He has learned what it's like to be working behind the camera. it was an honor when his teacher asked him to be on the tricasting team next fall. Mark and his team will be filming sports activites (football, basketball, etc).
It could be my bias opinion, but I think his television classmates also like Mark's work ethics. The televison competition team asked Mark to join the team. In a couple of weeks, he and the team will be competing for the local championship. They will be given a “prompt”. They must then video and edit a 60 second public service announcement based on the prompt. The team members will also be given newswire copy as well as raw video footage of the stories. The team then must create a 3 minute news break. If they win the local championship, they will go on to state, and then national. The school has won back to back state championships in television production as well as two national fifth place finishes.
Labels: IB
3 Comments:
-
- Pam said...
January 29, 2010 at 1:33 PMIt sounds like Mark had a wonderful first semester and did really well too. Good job!- Denise said...
January 29, 2010 at 9:56 PMWoo Hoo, he is doing really well.- He & Me + 3 said...
January 30, 2010 at 11:57 PMThat is awesome. Great job Mark!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





