Related Posts with Thumbnails

Saturday, October 13, 2007

Money Matter

Mark, Katherine & I went to Chuck E. Cheese for a timeout from shopping. Each kid received 25 coins. When Mark used his last coin, he asked me for one more.


My heart was torn between granting and not granting his wish. I could spoil him this one time. After all, it was only one coin. There was no harm in fulfilling his request. Then again, was I teaching him to enjoy the present and not worry about the future?


Of course, I didn't want to teach Mark the latter. I explained to him that it was all right to have fun. At the same time, he must be wise with his money. If he wanted to play a new game, he should have saved the last coin.


As a parent, It is my responsibility to prepare Mark for adulthood. I would rather teach him about money now, than having him learn it by trial and error.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



Template by:
Free Blog Templates